WELCOME TO SPRINGHOUSE
Head of School's Welcome
I want to tell you about a very special place. Springhouse Community School is a learning community where you will find:
● A circle of teenagers and adults singing together on Monday mornings.
● Students engaged in rigorous projects that invite them to apply their knowledge through activities like building sailboats that they will sail themselves.
● Young people in a learning community where they belong after leaving environments where they have lost their love of learning due to bullying, stifled creativity, or a lack of inspiration.
● Teens supported daily by an adult mentor who loves and inspires them.
● Learning that takes place out of the school and in the community through internships and apprenticeships.
● Students engaged in service learning trips 3 times per year to places like Charleston, SC, Chattanooga, TN, and Wilmington, NC to support those who have been severely affected by a hurricane.
● Graduates living from a sense of purpose and pursue paths of their choosing including college, gap year and study abroad programs, and entering the workplace.
● Community that is cultivated and dedicated, where inspired young adults and adults learn alongside teenagers.
Springhouse is reimagining the purpose and practice of education in order to better serve our youth, strengthen community, and to be a model of holistic education for educators. Research indicates that engaging and innovative educational methods, and healthy, inspired adults, are needed to better prepare adolescents for their futures. Springhouse graduates think critically, solve problems creatively, are engaged, inspired and committed citizens, and leave with a sense of purpose and belonging.
Please spend some time exploring our website. There is so much to learn about this special place! If you have questions and would like to learn more, please reach out. I'd love to talk with you.
Head of School